We have prepared a guide to publishing, mechanical royalties and releasing cover versions. We hope you find this useful when preparing for your next release, particularly if your next release contains songs that you haven’t written yourself.
The full guide is available to download here:
Download ‘A Guide To Publishing, Mechanical Royalties and Releasing Cover Versions’
Some of the topics addressed in the guide are:
– Basic introduction to Copyright
– What money does EmuBands collect for artists?
– What sources of income are there for a songwriter?
– Mechanical Royalties
– Mechanical Royalties in Physical Recordings
– Mechanical Royalties in Digital Recordings
– Mechanical Royalties in the USA, Canada & Mexico
– Performance Royalties
– What to do when releasing a cover version – permissions and payments
– Collection Societies – who they are and what they do
– What is a publisher, and what do they do?
– What should you look for in a publisher?
We would like to thank the contributors from MCPS, HFA and Sentric Music for their valued input, and we hope that you find this guide useful. Please feel free to share it to anyone else that you think might be interested in this guide.
POSTED: Thursday 5th September 2013