We’ve all been there – you’ve booked a ticket to a music industry conference and now it’s only a few days away, and you’ve been too busy to do any prep. Fear not – here are five top tips from Wide Days director Michael Lambert to see you right…
1. Join the party before the doors even open
You can get a head-start by following Wide Days, our partners and speakers on Twitter and Instagram. Let people know what sessions you’re looking forward to, which showcase acts you’re excited to see and why you’re attending the event. Strike up some conversations on social media, and continue them on the rooftop bar of Teviot Row House! Oh, and don’t forget to use this year’s hashtag #WideDays17…
2. Do your homework
You’ll get the most out of Wide Days by checking out the seminar programme in advance. Figure out which panels are going to be most useful to you, and pinpoint some speakers you’d like to hear from.
3. Don’t be afraid to say hello
One of the main reasons to attend a music industry event is to build your network of contacts, and meet new people you can do business with – so don’t be shy! We publish the contact details of all delegates and speakers, so you can hit them up in advance to arrange a meeting.
4. Keep your energy levels up
It’s going to be a looooong day, and you’re likely to hit a brick wall at some point– be sure to drink plenty water, eat lunch and beware of hitting the bar too early – it’s a marathon not a sprint.
5. Don’t be a stranger – follow up!
Once the event is over, make sure you keep in touch with the people you’ve met. Follow up by email or on social media quickly, recap on what you discussed and keep building your relationships.
EmuBands have teamed up with Wide Days to offer you the chance to win a pair of Friday Passes to Wide Days 2017, to be held at Teviot Row House in Edinburgh on Friday 21st April, with evening showcases also being hosted at venues across the city.
To enter the competition, simply complete the form below in the comments section, with your name and e-mail address. To be eligible, you must use the same e-mail address as is registered to your EmuBands account, and you must have placed an order with us for digital music distribution between 1st April 2016 and the deadline of 9am on Thursday 20th March 2017. If successful, your name will be made public on EmuBands’ website and social media profiles, so if you’re shy, get someone else to enter for you! Full terms & conditions are available below. Good luck, and we hope to see you at Wide Days 2017.
**THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED**
Terms & Conditions:
1. The prize is 2x Regular Friday Passes to be given to ONE winner who can bring a colleague/friend to the event.
2. The winners will be picked at random from all eligible entries received before 9am on Thursday 20th March 2017.
3. You must enter using the same e-mail address that is registered to your EmuBands account.
4. You must have placed an order for digital music distribution with EmuBands between 1st April 2016 and the entry deadline of 9am on 20th March 2017 in order to be eligible.
5. There are no age restrictions for the daytime conference element of Wide Days, but there may be age restrictions for the showcases at night.
6. By entering your e-mail address you consent to be contacted by EmuBands and/or Wide Days regarding the event.
7. The winner will be contacted by e-mail on the morning of Thursday 20th March.
8. The winner’s name will be announced on Facebook, Twitter and EmuBands.com at 4pm on Thursday 20th March 2017.
POSTED: 19th April 2017