One of the flagship features of Apple Music is ‘Connect’, a new way for artists to interact with their fans through social media. Through Connect, you have the ability to customise your artist branding by adding photos, videos, songs and other promotional content. Your fans can comment, like, and share your content to other sites, such as Facebook & Twitter.
In order to upload bonus and promotional content via Connect, you must claim your Artist profile on Apple Music.
How do you claim your artist profile on Apple Music?
1. If you have not already done so, make sure your music is available on Apple Music.
Click here for more information on how to distribute your music to Apple Music with EmuBands.
3. Click the ‘+’ link on the screen.
4. Click ‘+’ again on the next screen and enter your Artist Name, or iTunes Store artist page URL into the popup.
If you share an artist name with other artists also on iTunes, we would recommend entering the direct URL to your Artist page on iTunes to prevent any confusion.
5. From the drop down menu, select your role (solo artist, Artist Manager, Band Member, etc.) and fill out all the fields. If you are self releasing your music (i.e, you are not signed to a Record Label), enter your own information for both contacts.
6. Click “Submit”.
7. You should receive an email that looks like this:
After you receive this email, it means your submission is pending and Apple will be in touch when they’ve reviewed it. Once your submission is approved, you can log in to Connect and start uploading images, biographies, and bonus material to your artist profile on Apple Music. Please note, the idea of Connect is to provide additional, ‘bonus’ material – and as such, this content is not monetised – although you will continue to receive payment for your official releases that appear on your discography through your distributor.
POSTED: Tuesday 30th June 2015.