EmuBands is able to deliver Dolby Atmos (spatial audio) to DSPs which support this filetype.
What is Spatial Audio / Dolby Atmos?
Dolby Atmos introduces a fresh dimension to music, fostering a profound connection between artists and their audience by enhancing the emotional impact. This immersive musical experience transcends traditional listening, enveloping listeners in the music’s intricate details and profound depth. It grants artists greater creative freedom, enabling them to fully manifest their artistic vision and imbue their music with heightened emotional resonance for their dedicated followers.
What are the file specifications for Spatial Audio / Dolby Atmos?
All assets MUST use 24-bit PCM resolution at a sampling rate of 48 kHz.
All assets MUST be provided as an ADM BWAV file that conforms to the Dolby Atmos Master ADM profile.
There should be a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 128 PCM channels
All assets must be the same duration as the stereo version, i.e. there should be no additional silence at the start or end of the dolby master
All assets must be dolby masters and all must be at the same frame rate.
It is important to stress that your files should be mastered by a mastering professional familiar with the Dolby Atmos Master ADM (Apple Digital Masters) profile.
You can get a 7 part tutorial on mixing for Dolby Atmos here: https://professional.dolby.com/content-creation/dolby-atmos-tutorial-series/
Where can EmuBands deliver Spatial Audio / Dolby Atmos?
Currently, we are able to deliver Dolby Atmos to Apple Music, and we’ll be launching support for Amazon Music’s Dolby Atmos experience in the coming weeks. As more DSPs roll out support for Dolby Atmos, we’ll endeavour to enable the delivery of this filetype to them as soon as possible.
How much does it cost to deliver Spatial Audio / Dolby Atmos?
Dolby Atmos delivery is available to EmuBands Pro subscribers only, and unlike our hi-res audio delivery option (which is included for free with your EmuBands Pro subscription), there is an additional cost of £20 per track to upload Dolby Atmos.
Can you recommend any engineers who can create a Spatial Audio / Dolby Atmos mix for me?
If you need a recommendation for mix engineers experienced in Dolby Atmos, we would be pleased to introduce to you Tom Hough (ArrDee, Sam Ryder, David Guetta & Cat Burns) or Graeme Baldwin (J Hus, Sigala, Mark Ronson & Yard Act). Through our partnership, we’re able to offer an excellent discount on their Dolby Atmos mix services to EmuBands Pro customers. If you’re interested in this offer, please get in touch with your EmuBands Pro account manager and we’ll supply you with our exclusive discount code to use when booking your preferred engineer.
How do I upload Spatial Audio / Dolby Atmos files?
– The first thing you need to do (if you have not done so already) is subscribe to EmuBands Pro by logging in to your EmuBands account, heading to the ‘Subscriptions’ tab and clicking ‘Subscribe’ underneath Pro.
– Once you’ve upgraded, you can opt in to the Dolby Atmos extra, on the ‘optional extras’ page of the release you want to add Dolby Atmos to. You’ll be asked to contact your EmuBands Pro account manager, and they’ll be able to liaise with you to add Dolby Atmos to your release. If it is a brand new release, you should still continue make payment for distribution, and proceed to upload the normal (standard or hi-res) WAV files to your release, as well as your artwork file – after you’ve contacted your EmuBands Pro account manager about your Dolby Atmos order.
– Your account manager will reply to you confirming the total cost of your Dolby Atmos processing fee (which will be the number of Dolby Atmos tracks x £20), and we’ll send you a payment link to make payment via credit or debit card, securely via Stripe. Your account manager will outline further instructions too.
– Once you’ve made payment, you’ll be asked to fill out a form, confirming the Dolby Atmos files meet the required standards. The files are typically much larger than a standard WAV file, and as such we’ll ask you to deliver the files to us through Google Drive, or similar.
– Once we receive your files, our team will begin processing these, and unless we need to check anything further with you, we’ll begin delivery of your Spatial Audio/Dolby Atmos mixes.