Spotify have a great set of resources available to artists & their teams. Spotify for Artists allows you to take control of your artist profile. Once you get access, you can update your image, write your bio, post playlists, and much more.
The process of claiming your artist page depends on what your circumstances are.
If your first release distributed by EmuBands isn’t live yet
If you want to get access before your first release goes live, you need to claim directly via Spotify’s system.
The best way to do this is as follows:
1. Contact your EmuBands account manager, and ask them for your Spotify Artist URI (this isn’t the same as the URI we send you for your release via email!).
2. Once you have your Spotify Artist URI, go here: https://artists.spotify.com/claim
3. When you claim your artist profile, paste your artist link or URI in the What profile are you claiming? page.
4. Spotify’s team will work to get you access as soon as possible.
If you have a release live on Spotify, and it was distributed by EmuBands
EmuBands artists get instant access to Spotify for Artists.
1. Log in to your EmuBands Account, and go to the ‘Platforms’ tab, and select Spotify from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the green ‘Connect your Spotify Account’ button
Follow the on-screen prompts to link EmuBands with your personal Spotify account (this is the Spotify account you want to use to control your Spotify Artist Page through Spotify for Artists); if you don’t have a Spotify account, sign-up – it is free.
3. You’ll be redirected back to the Platforms tab, and on this page, you should now be able to select your Artist Name from the
What if the drop-down menu shows ‘No Artist Found’?
This is a list of artist names that appear on your EmuBands account for which we hold a Spotify Artist URI and where the release has been successfully ingested by Spotify (see how long this takes here – How Long Does It Take?)
If your release is live on Spotify, and your artist name still isn’t showing on this list, it probably means we just need to quickly link your Spotify Artist URI with our system. Get in touch with your account manager and we’ll sort this ASAP.
4. Once you’ve selected your artist name from the drop-down menu, click ‘Next’, and complete the form – and you’re verified! You now have instant access to Spotify for Artists, and can start using it straight away.